Training and Weight Watchers

In my quest to lose weight. I have decided to join Weight Watchers. My work is sponsoring the program so I thought I would jump on the band wagon and give a real "diet" a try. I know WW is not called a "diet" but a lifestyle change. I think I have changed my lifestyle a little bit. Instead of eating 5 king size candy bars a day I have limited myself to one a week. Another thing is I have cut back on my Coke intake. I was drinking on everyday. Now it's maybe once a week. 
In the 6 weeks I have done this I have lost 5 pounds. I really thought I would just lose so much with all the exercise that I do. Running, swimming and biking. I get a bit frustrated when I go to the weigh ins because I want better results but the scale isn't giving them to me. So this week I am going to try harder in tracking my points. Maybe that is what I'm doing wrong? I track them but not very well. I have 6 more weeks of the program. I was hoping to lose 20 pounds. That might not happen in 6 weeks. 

On a side note I registered for the St. George Marathon. I was selected to participate on October 6th in the marathon. I can't wait.
 I am going document my training for this race. 
Here are some training notes. I haven't been able to run as much I have wanted to in the last two weeks. But I have rode my bike 72 miles, swam 2 miles and ran 7 miles. This weeks training is going to be a little bit more running. I have Ragnar Wasatch Back in two weeks.
With my kids out of school, the lazy days of summer have arrived and I will be getting up early to do some running. I have planned to run 9 miles and to do a long run on Saturday. 

Though the scale isn't saying it. I can feel my pants and shorts getting a little more loose.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being sick wastes my weekend

Motivation

My Parenting Skills take-away