Valentine's day

I have mixed emotions about this day. I like it for the extra love I get to shower on my children and my husband. But I often get annoyed because of the expectations I set up for myself, when those expectations don't happened...well I don't feel so warm and fuzzy.
This is how I was feeling at the beginning of the week. I love my husband, he is great. Holidays like this one are hard for him. He always says "I don't need a holiday to tell you I love you" needless to say with the lack of romance and money we have subpar on Valentine's days.
Imagine my surprise when I came home from work yesterday to a sheepish looking husband! I was wondering what he had been doing while I was at work. He took out a slim box from his backpack and said "I can't wait until tomorrow" The box was a new iPad mini. Spoiled? YES!
I couldn't believe it! I also enjoyed the sweet pictures he took for the cover and background of my screen. I became a happy,gushing, romantic girl for the day. I wanted to spend more time with my love today, I left work early to surprise him with lunch. After 11years, we might finally be getting it right!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being sick wastes my weekend

Motivation

My Parenting Skills take-away