Creating a life of Meaning

This week in many of my classes for school, they talked about creating a life of meaning. I had to stop and think.....have I created a life of meaning? I am mean, I am 40 years old, married with two children and a cat. We live in a suburbia, we work, pay bills, spend time together as a family, attend church, have family councils, serve each other, and are supportive.

I think I know what the meaning of life is about? I have made it this far, okayish? Randy Pausch, a professor at Carnegie Mellon said that to find the meaning in life was to keep on the right path and karma will guide you the rest of the way. He has a good point with staying on the right path but it's not karma that is helping me out it's my Heavenly Father, through the Holy Ghost. Who is really directing my life and my opportunities.

I do believe that dreaming is important in the grand scheme of things. I have always dreamed of going to Disneyland for my 40th birthday. Because I made my dream vocal it became a goal not just a wish or a dream that I wake up from. I did accomplish that goal to go and spend time eating delicious food and riding fun rides around Disneyland.

One of my childhood dreams was to be a fashion designer, I haven't made it to that status of fashion designer. But I have been able to spot trends, to find unique pieces of clothing and to wear them and get people to give me compliments on what I'm wearing. That might sound selfish and self absorbed but I am not. Like clothes and I think I have a knack in putting that all together. So in a way it's like fashion design but I didn't have to create, sew or market the clothes. Maybe, I should focus more on being a personal shopper?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Motivation

Being sick wastes my weekend

My Parenting Skills take-away