Do you have passion?

One of my favorite talks from President Hinckley is the talk Stand True and Faithful. One of the reasons I like this talk so much is because he talks about being true to yourself, faith, to others, parents, heritage and Church.

I remember when he gave this talk. I was a Junior in High School. My junior year of high school was not my favorite year of high school. I often felt alone because of friend drama and guy drama and family drama. But when I heard him say "BE TRUE" I wanted to make some changes about myself and start being more true to the things that mattered most.

When I heard this talk for the first time, I really liked how he said that young women should get all the schooling they could get. You will need it for the world. When I was in Young Women's, I would say all the time that I wanted to go to school and get a job. I would get married but I wanted to make sure I had schooling first. This was because my Grandma became a widow at a young age. Because my grandpa and her hadn't planned for the future, she was stuck working fast food jobs because she had been a stay at home wife and mother but now she needed to still provide for her children and self.

It was hard on her because she didn't have the work experience. I didn't want to have the same fate as her. I would get ridiculed and mock in young women's for saying things like I wanted a job and education. But when President Hinckley said it, people stopped saying things.

He did follow up his education statement by saying to have a happy marriage and rear a good family then education to better equip you with the realization of those ideals. My first go round with school was slow and then scary. But I know that I have reached the point of a happy marriage and my children are older that I now can go back to school to get that education so that some of my future plans can come together.

For the rest of this weeks learning, my habit from the 7 Habits of highly effective people would be; Be Proactive. Meaning, be proactive in all that you do. Try to think ahead of the next step before you are told what to do. I try to apply this principle to my work life as well as my home life. Planning and just doing something before someone else might need help or ask for help. I would like to study more the 7 habits of highly effective people to apply those principles to my life. But for the most part, I think for a while I have been doing them already. These principles definitely help in making your life more meaningful so that you can have purposeful conversations and actions.

-Rhi 02|23|19

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Motivation

Being sick wastes my weekend

My Parenting Skills take-away