Skill, Character, Luck!

Ah! These last few weeks have been stressful. I have often wonder why I am doing this thing called school? I know I have the skill to go to school. I know if I apply myself more I can gain more character. But I just need a little luck in getting everything done.

I feel like I am being pulled into all sorts of directions and I don't know where I want to begin. I make lists after lists to make sure I am getting what I need to done. But alas, I am turning things in late and begging for forgiveness.

I really liked what James E. Faust said in his talk about Perseverance, "Perseverance is demonstrated by those who keep going when the going gets tough, who don't give up even when other say 'it can't be done'" No one has said to me to give up. Only those lovely voices in my head that make me feel like I am defeated.

So this is me persevering, turning things in late because, I chose to attend a child's activity, stayed late at work to get my job done or needed to go grocery shopping. I knew going back to school would be a hard challenge for "I get up when I fall down"

I feel like this week learning about persevering really helped me because my daughter who is a sophomore swam in the state high school swim meet. Though she did her best she persevered through a sick stomach to compete with some really fast girls. She didn't get down on herself when she didn't place in the top 16 but was encouraging to her fellow teammates. I suppose I'm rubbing off on her. ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Motivation

Being sick wastes my weekend

My Parenting Skills take-away