Be all that you can be!

I have been feeling very overwhelmed by life. I think we all start to feel that way when we are growing. But with managing school, work and children. I feel that is all that I do is manage. Manage to get from one place to another. Dreaming I could be somewhere else instead. Or dreading the words.....oh by the way...... There is always something to do, something to clean but this is the life a busy mom.

As I read the However Long and Hard the Road, by the Holland's, so things stood out to me that I shouldn't continue to stress. "The only limitations you have are those you set on yourself." The other one was "Excellence by definition doesn't come easily or quickly, an excellent education does not, a successful mission does not. It is simply a truism that nothing very valuable can come without significant sacrifice and effort and patience on our part." When I read these two thoughts, they struck me because I have been feeling down about all the things that I'm not accomplishing because I am studying or that I'm asking to much of my family. Instead of thinking about the value that these things that I am learning can help me and be of value later in my life.

It's the perseverance that I need to have to continue on no matter, if the dishes sit for one more day or the laundry is sitting in the washer. Patience is not my strongest virtue, but I have no other choice but to be patient with myself, while I go through journey. Many years ago, I found out that I suffer from depression and anxiety. I took medicine to help me through those times. I went to therapy too. I felt as though I didn't need to take the medicine anymore. So I stopped, I felt good for a long time. But as luck would have it, those anxieties came back and depression has been sinking in to points where I feel out of control. I was told I would need to go back onto medication to help me feel better. I was really upset because I felt that I had failed, I gave in. After talking to a good friend, I realized I wasn't alone, she was going through something similar, but as we talk, she made me feel better because she said that I wasn't giving up, I was giving myself a chance to regain something I had been missing.

I can't remember who said it this week but it was said, "Wait patiently when you have no other choice. Lean on your sword and rest a while, but get up and fight again." That what I want to do, fight to be all that I can be!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Motivation

Being sick wastes my weekend

My Parenting Skills take-away