Intro to Entrepreneurship last post

Thinking back at this semester, I have learned some things about failure. That sometimes you have to give up on stressful things and enjoy the better things of life. This has been one of the tougher semesters that I have had since coming back to school. Everything has been going at a rapid pace. Even though it's been fast, I would have to say I still appreciate the things that I have learned. There is not enough time to make up the work that I have missed. So I have to suffer the consequence of having poor grades.

Because the assignment was to post about what I have learned and to give some advice that would be helpful to others, this is it! Just enjoy the time you have. I am a mother of two great teens, I am worker bee that has three jobs because I like to shop way to much. I am a wife that feels like a failure and doesn't know how I got so lucky with an understanding husband? I use to compare myself when I was down to others good times. I use to think that my life wasn't so great and if I was married to someone else that I would be happier. All of these things sound crazy but it's true. Comparing and wishing make you miss out on what you have. I spent many years wanting something that wasn't going to happen and when I woke up from that phase of wanting, I felt like I missed out on so much. I have learned that I don't need to compare myself to anyone else. I am ME and I should appreciate my talents so that I can use them to serve others. I stopped wishing for a better life, better husband and house. I have learned that those wishes are only coming true if I make them happen. If I am kind, loving and content. I know my weakness and I have accepted them. I try ever day to be a little better! I take time to enjoy my children, thank my husband for all that he does. Smile and hug more. With all of those things I'm creating a better life for myself. I have stopped worrying if my house is "deep cleaned" every weekend and just be happy that it is cleaned. When I have let go of the things that I can't control my life has felt like it's in control.

I love that the scriptures say Be Cheerful all over them. I read those words all the time and remind myself that my Savior is there for me when I fall short. I don't have far to go because I'm already short. But he is there for me, I just have to ask. I know that the spirit can't be with me when I'm comparing myself or wanting and wishing. I have dreams and things that I want to accomplish before I die but I need to trust in the Lord for his timing and answers. Patience isn't my virtue. Set realistic expectations for your life. You aren't going to start out being rich, that takes time and hard work. Work hard but play harder.


Thanks for a good semester!
-Rhi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being sick wastes my weekend

Motivation

My Parenting Skills take-away